Our newspaper strives to achieve several things as part of our mission:
- To produce quality products of unquestioned credibility and integrity.
- To promote a unique identity and culture for Oskaloosa and surrounding counties to differentiate this area from the remainder of Southeast Iowa.
- To advance the business community in this area, understanding that it is those businesses, and the profits and tax dollars that they generate, which support fire, police, roads, public safety and everything from youth sports to the arts in the communities we cover.
- To treat everyone with a sense of respect and fairness.
- To be centrist, in our political viewpoints, a friend to neither the right nor the left, but to strive to support what's best, no matter the political ideology.
- To retain our role as the last "mass medium" in our communities, leaving our forums with the widest sense of openness.
This Week's Circulars
Don DeWitt Lacey. Don DeWitt passed away at Unity Point Iowa Methodist Hospital in Des Moines on Tuesday, March 24, 2020 at the age of 90 years, 3 months and 17 days. Due to the restrictions put in place by the Iowa Department of Public Health as an effort to protect our citizens from COVID …
- Mahaska County resident tests positive for COVID-19
- COVID-19 reported in second Mahaska County individual.
- 'Public should be confident'
- Athlete Profile: BRODY ALLMAN
- Oskaloosa residents are finding creative ways to cope with social distancing amid coronavirus pandemic
- Virtual Easter egg hunt and coloring contest
- School board forgives 97 hours of missed learning
- Mahaska Health begins in-car screenings
- In-car screenings at Mahaska Health
- COVID-19 hotline established for Mahaska County