Our newspaper strives to achieve several things as part of our mission:
- To produce quality products of unquestioned credibility and integrity.
- To promote a unique identity and culture for Oskaloosa and surrounding counties to differentiate this area from the remainder of Southeast Iowa.
- To advance the business community in this area, understanding that it is those businesses, and the profits and tax dollars that they generate, which support fire, police, roads, public safety and everything from youth sports to the arts in the communities we cover.
- To treat everyone with a sense of respect and fairness.
- To be centrist, in our political viewpoints, a friend to neither the right nor the left, but to strive to support what's best, no matter the political ideology.
- To retain our role as the last "mass medium" in our communities, leaving our forums with the widest sense of openness.
This Week's Circulars
Jeanetta VanDerHart, 92, passed away late Monday evening at the Hospice of Pella Comfort House. Jeanetta was one of 11 siblings and is survived by four brothers: Godert Vander Hart of Waterloo, IA, James Vander Hart of New Sharon, IA, Raymond Vander Hart of Pella, Clarence Vander Hart of Ari…
OSKALOOSA [mdash] Funeral services will be Friday, June 28, 10:30 a.m. at Bates Funeral Chapel. Visitation will be Thursday, June 27, at Bates Funeral Chapel starting at 12:00 p.m. with family present 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- 4-month-old dies; Caregiver charged with murder
- Oskaloosa files suit against Clabaugh
- Kayakers safe after capsizing on South Skunk River
- Where are they now? Spry and Van Veldhuizen
- Osky man charged with sex crimes against minor
- OHS shooting team takes home 29th state championship
- Herr captures collegiate title at Sporting Clays Championship
- Kinder Prep program starting in the community
- Tractors in Mahaska County
- Temporary 28E agreements between cities approved
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.