On September 18, the Herald printed a letter to the editor in which the writer tossed a lot of personal invectives at me, saying that I’m “the kind of person that promotes fear, anger, misogyny and would probably react by saying, ‘Boys will be boys.’” And the charge of "inspiring small-mindedness that causes cowardice and bigotry in the middle of the night." The writer gives no examples to substantiate those bizarre claims.
Iowa is an agricultural state that produces corn, beans, and livestock, and we feed the world. Our agricultural productivity is the engine of all Iowa communities and businesses.
For nearly 50 years, the Libertarian Party has espoused the virtues of limited government by promoting the idea of individual liberty, personal freedom, and self-governance.
Recently I was seen by my skin doctor that comes down from Des Moines twice a week. He prescribed a topical cream that I had used before, it being fluorouracil 5 percent. Upon going to the Hy-Vee Pharmacy, I find out it was $194.00, my cost.
In regards to the new construction on C Avenue West that has been completed. I returned from work this last weekend to find my road was opened back up and was glad.
Former Oskaloosa head football coach Jerry Staton was honored this morning as one of the “50 greatest Iowa high school football coaches of all time” by the Des Moines Register. What a wonderful honor for a man who devoted his life to teaching young people great life lessons through the sport…
This week I learned there are neighbors in Oskaloosa that have no place to live. It broke my heart. We need to do something about this. It made me cry. It should make you cry.
This Week's Circulars
Robert Baughman, 81, of Delta, died Sunday, February 14, 2021, at the Oskaloosa Care Center in Oskaloosa. He was born January 13, 1940, at the family home in Deep River, Iowa. He graduated from the Delta High School. On June 18, 1966, he was united in marriage to Cheryl Boomershine at the De…
- Oskaloosa City Council approves plan to modernize McDonald’s building
- Process established for Hart, Miller-Meeks challenge
- 15 new virus cases in Marion
- Mahaska Board of Supervisors discuss vacating roads, expanding Co-Line during Tuesday meeting
- Marion County student suing DMACC, funeral home director
- Osky seventh graders take two of three from PCM
- Evans and Van Donselaar take sixth, Huisman eighth at state tournament
- Basketball preview: Pella Christian vs Albia
- Basketball preview: Pella vs Centerville
- Osky’s Evans, Pella’s Van Donselaar and Huisman survive bloodround to clinch medals