On Wednesday, June 14, a lone gunman opened fire on members of the Republican Congressional charity baseball team, severely wounding Louisiana Rep. Steve Scalise as well as three other people. The gunman later died at a hospital, leaving our nation to wonder what motive was behind the attack…
I have been here in town now for more than two weeks. It has been a lot of fun so far getting to know the staff here at the Oskaloosa Herald, as well as the two other newspapers I am tasked with supervising—the Pella Chronicle and the Knoxville Journal Express.
On Saturday I had the pleasure of being a part of the Mahaska County Relay for Life event. An American Cancer Society event, the relay raises money before, during and after the event to help with the fight against cancer.
Too many people don’t like the news media because of the conventional notion, advanced by our critics, that journalists are cavalier with the facts and report the news with bias.
This Week's Circulars
Marvin Moody, 85, of Eddyville, died Tuesday, November 5, 2019, at the MHP Hospice Serenity House in Oskaloosa. He was born November 28, 1933, in Mahaska County one of nine children born to Roland George and Eva Fern Lundy Moody. He attended Tracy Schools. Following school, he worked for a s…
- Foster to play for Iowa State
- WPU students need winter clothing
- Biden attending Veterans Day town hall in Oskaloosa
- Missouri Main Street visits Oskaloosa
- The Herald welcomes Tiffany McDaniel
- Indians football alum transferring to Minnesota State
- Voters disappointed in few choices on election day
- Juvenile arrested after firing gun into street
- Unofficial election results
- City council votes against parking restrictions on Fifth Avenue East.