Gov. Kim Reynolds was not too happy with a question from the Associated Press’ David Pitt on Tuesday.
If you reside in a nursing home and are not getting needed care, you might be afraid to complain. You don’t want to offend or anger the people who feed and bathe you. You don’t want to be labeled uncooperative and discharged.
It’s been more than a month since the Polk County prosecutor’s office charged a journalist for failing to disperse during a protest in Des Moines.
The Supreme Court on Tuesday needlessly poked a hole in Thomas Jefferson’s “wall of separation between church and state.” By a 5-4 vote, the court ruled in a case from Montana that if a state provides a tax break that benefits students at a secular private school, it must include private rel…
On Wednesday, June 14, a lone gunman opened fire on members of the Republican Congressional charity baseball team, severely wounding Louisiana Rep. Steve Scalise as well as three other people. The gunman later died at a hospital, leaving our nation to wonder what motive was behind the attack…
I have been here in town now for more than two weeks. It has been a lot of fun so far getting to know the staff here at the Oskaloosa Herald, as well as the two other newspapers I am tasked with supervising—the Pella Chronicle and the Knoxville Journal Express.
On Saturday I had the pleasure of being a part of the Mahaska County Relay for Life event. An American Cancer Society event, the relay raises money before, during and after the event to help with the fight against cancer.
Too many people don’t like the news media because of the conventional notion, advanced by our critics, that journalists are cavalier with the facts and report the news with bias.
- Mahaska Deputy accidentally shot, killed in Ottumwa
- Highway 63 southbound will close again
- Full services offered at grāz beginning Aug. 10
- Man charged with attempted murder in hit and run crash
- Local artist recognized for unique work
- Highway 63 southbound reopen
- Where are they now: Cole Henry
- 12 area girls selected to softball all-conference teams
- Dutch Greeters welcome Pella Orthodontics to new space
- Oskaloosa Herald Female Athlete of the Year: Katie Keitges
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.