Oskaloosa fifth graders put their creativity to work to create decorative pumpkins for the annual Pumpkins, Poems and Photography contest at the school.
Poems were written in the classroom, while the students had the opportunity to decorate their pumpkins or snap photos at home with family.
Pumpkins are judged by school staff using the categories funniest, best use of fall theme and most original.
The top three students in each category got to take home a cash prize raised by the PTO.
As featured on
- Osky Schools announce honor rolls
- Plea deal reported in attempted murder case
- Bandstand flag flies in honor of Richard Lee Bartlow
- Groenenboom directs donation to North Mahaska
- Pella Christian rolls in season-opening win over Albia
- Area roundup: Dutch edge out big win at Indianola
- Taphouse gives Peosta residents reason to stay in town
- Area roundup: Osky girls open with win at Fairfield
- Ray Pothoven Recognized for 50 Years in Banking
- Holiday Tour of Homes this weekend