PELLA — The City of Pella has updated rates for Pella Fiber services.
Pella City Council amended previously approved rates during regular session Nov. 16. Internet service rates for tax exempt entities include:
• $75 per month for Internet 150.
• $125 per month for Internet 300.
• $300 per month for 1 GIG.
Voice service rates for commercial tax exempt entities include:
• $20 per month for local service.
• $25 per month for long distance.
To qualify for tax exempt fees, entities must be exempt from paying federal income taxes. The ordinance also changed rates for video services and “a la carte” channel rates. The ordinance now includes a $10 per service monthly discount for those who subscribe to more than one service.
“By and large, with Pella Fiber, there’s no fine print. There’s no contracts. There’s no data limits for all of our customers,” said Pella City Administrator Mike Nardini. “What you see is what you get with our rates.”
In other news:
• Incumbent member Mark DeJong won a 12th term on the Pella City Council after At-Large candidate Tony Bokhoven formally requested a vote recount.
Spencer Carlstone won the Ward 3 election against incumbent Bruce Schiebout after a formal recount requested by Schiebout. The final vote total was 499 to 497, with no changes after the recount.
DeJong, Carlstone and Lynn Branderhorst, who won the election for Ward 1 against Kyle Nelson, will begin their terms on city council beginning Jan. 1, 2022.