PELLA — Central College has announced changes among its faculty for the 2020-21 academic year.
Two assistant professors have earned tenure and promotion to associate professor:
• C.D. Adamson (B.A., M.A., Central Missouri State University; Ph.D., Texas Tech University), department of theatre. He has been with Central since 2014.
• Sara Shuger Fox (B.S., Iowa State University; Ph.D., University of South Carolina), department of exercise science. She started at Central in 2014.
One associate professor was promoted to professor:
• Viktor Martisovits (RNDr.; Comenius University, Slovakia; M.S., Ph.D., The Ohio State University), department of physics. He started at Central in 1999 and was granted tenure and promoted to associate professor in 2004.
Emeritus status to the following Central College faculty:
• David Timmer (A., Calvin College; Ph.D., University of Notre Dame), department of philosophy/religion. He started at Central in 1980, was granted tenure in 1986 and promoted to associate professor of religion in 1990. He was promoted to professor of religion in 2001.
Central also made six new faculty hires:
• Anna Christensen (B.A., Northwestern College; A.M. and Ph.D., Washington University), assistant professor of philosophy.
• Kate Kanne (B.S. from South Dakota State University; M.F.A., Minnesota State University), assistant professor of theatre.
• Eileen McGonigal (B.M., Florida State University; M.A., Arizona State University; and a Ph.D., in progress, Florida State University), instructor of music.
• Tamara Masters (B.S., University of Nebraska; M.S., Concordia University; Ph.D., in progress, Drake University), instructor of education.
• Shelby Messerschmitt-Coen (B.A. from Central College; M.C., Arizona State University; Ph.D., in progress, The Ohio State University), instructor of psychology.
• Gil Reynders (B.A..; Lake Forest College; M.S., University of Rochester; Ph.D., University of Iowa), lecturer of chemistry.