Apricot Cherry Popcorn Squares
Yield: 12 servings
10 cups air-popped popcorn
3/4 cup dried cherries
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp. water
1/2 cup sugar-free apricot preserves
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1. Combine popcorn and cherries in large bowl.
2. Combine sugar, water, preserves, corn syrup, and lemon juice in a small saucepan; bring to a boil and cook, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves.
3. Cook until mixture forms thick, "ropy" threads that drip from the spoon.
4. Pour slowly over popped popcorn and mix thoroughly.
5. Spray 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
6. Press mixture into baking dish and cool completely before serving.
Recipe from popcorn.org.