On Friday, February 19, 2021 the Committee on House Administration will hold a markup of a Committee Resolution to establish procedures in contested election cases properly filed under the Federal Contested Election Act, and related matters.
Elton Hayes and Kevin Brockway discuss the status of the Big Ten as the Big Dance nears; Clay Horning suggests a new format for college wrestling and reflects on the Daytona 500; George Bremer and Bill Burt talk about the quarterback carousel in the NFL.
Bill Burt and George Bremer discuss possible landing spots for available quarterbacks; Elton Hayes and Kevin Brockway talk about how COVID could affect Michigan's strong start in Big Ten basketball; and Clay Horning offers his memories of Henry "Hank" Aaron.
The annual Coaches vs Cancer event was held Saturday. Tallies from the night's silent auction and donations aren't yet tabulated, but the event began the day with more than $40,000 raised. The Knoxville Cancer Relay, which was held last October, set a new record in the event's seventh year, …
Ottumwa Republican Mariannette Miller-Meeks speaks to media from a safe place in the U.S. Capitol during violent protests that disrupted a joint session of Congress Wednesday.
Mahaska Health has received its first shipment of COVID-19 Vaccines. These first vaccinations will go to the Class 1A, which includes frontline healthcare workers. For more information about the vaccine, please watch this video from Dr. Tim Breon, Denyse Gipple, and Patty Malloy.
This Week's Circulars
Robert Baughman, 81, of Delta, died Sunday, February 14, 2021, at the Oskaloosa Care Center in Oskaloosa. He was born January 13, 1940, at the family home in Deep River, Iowa. He graduated from the Delta High School. On June 18, 1966, he was united in marriage to Cheryl Boomershine at the De…
- Oskaloosa City Council approves plan to modernize McDonald’s building
- Process established for Hart, Miller-Meeks challenge
- 15 new virus cases in Marion
- Mahaska Board of Supervisors discuss vacating roads, expanding Co-Line during Tuesday meeting
- Marion County student suing DMACC, funeral home director
- Osky seventh graders take two of three from PCM
- Evans and Van Donselaar take sixth, Huisman eighth at state tournament
- Basketball preview: Pella Christian vs Albia
- Basketball preview: Pella vs Centerville
- Osky’s Evans, Pella’s Van Donselaar and Huisman survive bloodround to clinch medals