Knoxville family survives house fire

KNOXVILLE — A Knoxville family is safe after their home caught on fire Tuesday night.

On Nov. 3, the Knoxville Fire Department was dispatched at approximately 6:40 p.m. to the 300 block of North Grant St. for a reported house fire. When the department arrived, crews found fire coming from a window on the northwest side of the home extending to the second floor, according to a press release.

Crews entered the house and were able to stop the fire from spreading to the rest of the house. Occupants of the home made it out safely, except for the family cat. The house and its contents are considered at total loss. The Red Cross was contacted to provide support for the family who was displaced by the fire.

The fire is still under investigation.

The Knoxville Fire Department was assisted on scene by the Knoxville Police Department, Knoxville Township Fire Department, Alliant Energy, Marion County EMA, the Marion County Sherriff Fire Investigator, Mid-American Energy and the Red Cross.

Emily Hawk can be reached at 641-672-2581 or by email at ehawk@oskyherald.com.

Trending Video

Recommended for you