PELLA – Eight community organizations in Central Iowa have been awarded grants from the Pella Rolscreen Foundation, which is the philanthropic arm of Pella Corporation.
Totaling nearly $225,000, these grants will support a variety of local programs and initiatives in communities where Pella team members live and work
“Pella has a culture rooted in caring, both for our team members and the communities we serve. These deserving organizations are doing great work here in Iowa, and we are thrilled to help contribute to their important initiatives,” said Karmen Gardner, Executive Director of the Pella Rolscreen Foundation.
Recipients of these grants (and the total funds received) include:
- Spirit of Pella – downtown enhancement initiative ($50,000)
- Iowa State Fair Foundation – Pella Plaza improvements and expansion ($48,500)
- Knoxville Hospital – Emergency services renovation ($25,000)
- Pleasantville Betterment Organization – building all-inclusive playground ($25,000)
- Kuemper Catholic School Foundation – window replacement and building enhancement at the high school ($25,000)
- Newton High School – CNC equipment for industrial technology program ($20,000)
- Pella Police Department – K9 program ($18,000)
- PCM High School – 3D printer for industrial technology program ($12,000)