- Local News
- Awards granted at Parent/Member Banquet OSKALOOSA -- The Oskaloosa FFA Chapter held their 77th Annual Parent/Member Banquet on Thursday, March 20, 2014 in the Oskaloosa Senior High School Cafeteria. One-hundred thirty-four parents, guests and FFA members were in attendance at the 6:30 p.m
New Sharon man dies in accident early Thursday morning
Editor's note: An incorrect name was included in the Keokuk County Sheriff's Office press release. The Herald regrets any heartache this has caused.
- Candidates for the June 3 Primary
- Organizers get ready for Relay for Life OSKALOOSA -- Relay for Life officials held a Bank Night Tuesday at The Herald's offices to get the organization's finances squared away and to prepare teams for the Relay for Life event set to begin Saturday afternoon. Mahaska County Relay for Life C
- One injured in two-vehicle accident
- Do you know what this is?
- Home to business once again OSKALOOSA -- Bud's Brew Shack and G.G.'s Accessories had outgrown their space on North L Street and were looking to move to a downtown location. In looking at available store fronts they found the "Old Stapp's Building" on the corner of High Avenue
- Special Olympics road trip to circus OSKALOOSA -- Oskaloosa Special Olympics athletes went on a road trip Saturday afternoon to see the circus. Local Shriners made it possible for Special Olympians and their chaperones to trek to Des Moines to see the Shriners' Circus. About 54 Special
- Bullying, fireworks discussed at Eggs & Issues
- William Penn performs 'Harvey' this weekend OSKALOOSA -- If you need a good laugh this weekend, the William Penn University Fine Arts Department is performing the comedy play "Harvey" this weekend. The play took the stage at the George Daily Auditorium Thursday night and will also run tonight
- More Local News Headlines