- Local News
- Do you know what this is?
Water Board, city officials give arguments in civil case
The removal of a Water Board trustee has gone to court.
- Open Bucket Bottle Show set for Thursday
- Transforming junk into art OSKALOOSA — Mason Van Donselaar can turn pieces of scrap metal into art.He and several other Mahaska County youth entered their art into the Bucket ‘O’ Junk competition at The Southern Iowa Fair. Bucket ‘O’ Junk judging was held Monday afternoon at t
- Lumber jack fun at the Southern Iowa Fair OSKALOOSA — The Great Lakes Timber Show put a fun twist on lumber jacking at the Southern Iowa Fairgrounds Monday. The Great Lakes Timber Show was held three different times Monday: at 12 p.m., 3 p.m. and 6 p.m. Parents and children gathered for the
- Alice's Gospel Group serenades crowd OSKALOOSA — Alice’s Gospel Group serenaded a crowd at Smokey Row with soothing, uplifting music Saturday night.All four of the band members came to set up shop early. Alice Menne, who is the leader of the band, and works with adults with special need
- Young artists learn about sculptures at Summer Art Camp OSKALOOSA — Young artists learned about sculpture this past week at the Oskaloosa Art Center’s Summer Art Camp.During the week, camp participants learned about four different kinds of sculpture and the artwork they created will be featured in an art
- Landgrebe, 2 Osky cheerleaders to participate in Shrine Bowl OSKALOOSA — Andrew Landgrebe was nominated by Oskaloosa coach Mike Sterner to play in the Shrine Bowl. He was then selected to play as a running back at the Shrine Bowl.Last season, Landgrebe had 26 touchdowns, 1,760 rushing yards, set a school recor
- Oskaloosa city officials working on strategic plan
- Georgiana engages community OSKALOOSA — It’s been 30 years since the musical “Georgiana” was last produced in Oskaloosa, and nine years since Randall Wright last directed a play. Both of those change next week when the musical performs July 17, 18, and 19 at 7 p.m. at the Geor
- More Local News Headlines