Photo: National Merit Scholar finalists
Adam Hammes and Natalie Whitis were informed Wednesday that they are finalists to being National Merit Scholars. OHS Principal Stacy Bandy said that Oskaloosa High School has never had two finalists for National Merit Scholar at the same time. He said the school should know toward the end of the school year if they will be named National Merit Scholars.
- Local News
- Old Fashioned Country Christmas starts tonight at Nelson Pioneer Farm
- Firefighters battle house fire
- Do You know what this is?
- Oskaloosa Symphony Guest Conductors
- Here comes Santa Claus
- Young artists' work on display
- Lighted Christmas Parade brings out spirit of the season
Too cold for cocoa?
Cold weather has forced the cancellation of Carols, Candles and Cocoa, which had been scheduled for tonight.
Slideshow: 2013 Lighted Christmas Parade
Madrigal singers perform
The Oskaloosa High School Madrigal Singers perform for the Oskaloosa Rotary Club at the Peppertree at noon Tuesday. The Madrigal Singers will perform for the annual Madrigal Dinner on Dec. 13, 14 and 15 at the Musco Technology Center at William Penn University. Director Chris Weinreich said the Saturday, Dec. 14, performance is sold out; however, tickets for the other two nights are available. People can purchase tickets at Brown's Shoe Fit, on the city square. Tickets are $15, he said.
- More Local News Headlines