OSKALOOSA — The girls USSSA Oskaloosa teams hosted a 25-team USSSA tournament at the Lacey Recreation Complex Saturday and Sunday, April 27 and 28. The weather was beautiful and brought nearly 1,000 people throughout the tournament. Vicky Slagle, coach of the visiting team from Des Moines Iowa Renegades 10U said, “Thanks for a great tournament. Very well ran and organized. Great facility! We’ll keep an eye our upcoming tournaments!” Tina Schaffner, coach of one of the Oskaloosa host teams for the tournament added, “It is the great facilities we have that make it possible for us to be organized and have a great tournament like this.” The championship ended with Ottumwa Bulldogs winner in 14U division, 10U was Iowa Renegades Orange, and 12U was Grinnell Tigers Attack. The Oskaloosa teams have another scheduled tournament in August and are hopeful for a victory there.
- Local News
- Roads, healthy lifestyles discussed at Eggs & Issues
Video: Oskaloosa Band-O-Rama
Check out this video clip from this year's Band-O-Rama.
- Prom dress dreams come true OSKALOOSA -- If you need a prom dress but can't afford to pay hundreds of dollars, you can go to the New Hope Community center to find the dress of your dreams at an affordable price. The New Hope Community, 308 Fifth Ave. W., held The Green Dress Op
- Robotics Club prepares for Super Regionals By DUANE NOLLEN The Oskaloosa Herald OSKALOOSA -- The Oskaloosa High School Robotics Club is getting ready for the Super Regionals contest in April to test their engineering mettle. The club's Team 4443 -- The Sock Monkeys -- is headed to the contest
- Do you know what this is?
- OHS History Bowl team crowned JV champs OSKALOOSA -- Oskaloosa High School sent a Junior Varsity team to the Regional National History Bowl that was held in Sigourney on Saturday and the team came home champions. It was the first time that Oskaloosa had competed in this event. High scho
OSKALOOSA — A lot has changed over the years for tattoo artists. But the challenge of getting a good image onto his clients' skin keeps Alan Munger focused.
- Maple Syrup Festival moves indoors OSKALOOSA -- It's been too cold for sap to run from maple trees, but that did not stop the Mahaska County Conservation Board from having an indoor Maple Syrup Festival Friday evening. "This time last year we were done" tapping maple trees, MCCB Natur
- Flush cancer away with Relay for Life
- Locked out! My BlackBerry (cellphone) displayed an ominous message, "Locked Out! Password Required." "No big deal," I thought. "It's happened before. I'll just power down, and power back up, and it'll be cured." Not. My next failsafe was pulling out the battery
- More Local News Headlines