Cemetery walk showcases Oskaloosa history
Hannah Sampsel tells about the life of H.G. Leighton, a proprietor of The Oskaloosa Herald in the 19th century during the Oskaloosa Public Library Teen Advisory Board’s annual Cemetery Walk Sunday afternoon. Members of the board dress in period costume and recount the lives of prominent Mahaska County residents who are buried at Forest Cemetery. This year, 12 teens participated at 11 sites throughout the cemetery.
- Local News
- Dessert auction March 29 OSKALOOSA -- Girl Scout cookie sales may be over for the year, but Oskaloosa Girl Scouts can help you with your sweet tooth needs. The organization will sponsor a dessert auction in March to raise funds to send Oskaloosa girls to camp. The auction w
- FACE Offers Peek at Art Center & Studios OSKALOOSA -- The public got a sneak peek at the Oskaloosa Art Center & Studios Friday evening. The art center is located at 1701 Third Ave. E., Suite 3. The Fine Arts and Cultural Events of Mahaska County organization leased the site at Heartland Mal
- Roads, healthy lifestyles discussed at Eggs & Issues
Video: Oskaloosa Band-O-Rama
Check out this video clip from this year's Band-O-Rama.
- Prom dress dreams come true OSKALOOSA -- If you need a prom dress but can't afford to pay hundreds of dollars, you can go to the New Hope Community center to find the dress of your dreams at an affordable price. The New Hope Community, 308 Fifth Ave. W., held The Green Dress Op
- Robotics Club prepares for Super Regionals By DUANE NOLLEN The Oskaloosa Herald OSKALOOSA -- The Oskaloosa High School Robotics Club is getting ready for the Super Regionals contest in April to test their engineering mettle. The club's Team 4443 -- The Sock Monkeys -- is headed to the contest
- Do you know what this is?
- OHS History Bowl team crowned JV champs OSKALOOSA -- Oskaloosa High School sent a Junior Varsity team to the Regional National History Bowl that was held in Sigourney on Saturday and the team came home champions. It was the first time that Oskaloosa had competed in this event. High scho
OSKALOOSA — A lot has changed over the years for tattoo artists. But the challenge of getting a good image onto his clients' skin keeps Alan Munger focused.
- Maple Syrup Festival moves indoors OSKALOOSA -- It's been too cold for sap to run from maple trees, but that did not stop the Mahaska County Conservation Board from having an indoor Maple Syrup Festival Friday evening. "This time last year we were done" tapping maple trees, MCCB Natur
- More Local News Headlines