Photo: Ready, set, go!
Friday afternoon Lacey Recreation Complex enjoyed hosting special visitors from Oskaloosa Elementary School. Fifth graders from Carolyn Pederson and Amanda Doud's class walked over to the stadium to participate in an Easter egg hunt. Almost 50 eager students lined up on the sidelines waiting for instructions before the scramble began. Kids ran to find certain colors, did the bunny hop for 1 minute collecting as many eggs as possible and also enjoyed searching for the special golden egg.
- Local News
- Young artists' work on display
- Lighted Christmas Parade brings out spirit of the season
Too cold for cocoa?
Cold weather has forced the cancellation of Carols, Candles and Cocoa, which had been scheduled for tonight.
Slideshow: 2013 Lighted Christmas Parade
Madrigal singers perform
The Oskaloosa High School Madrigal Singers perform for the Oskaloosa Rotary Club at the Peppertree at noon Tuesday. The Madrigal Singers will perform for the annual Madrigal Dinner on Dec. 13, 14 and 15 at the Musco Technology Center at William Penn University. Director Chris Weinreich said the Saturday, Dec. 14, performance is sold out; however, tickets for the other two nights are available. People can purchase tickets at Brown's Shoe Fit, on the city square. Tickets are $15, he said.
- Do you know what this is?
- Helping provide a merry Christmas
- Christmas Walk brings people to small businesses
- General manager gets 25 percent raise
- 2013 Lighted Christmas Parade is one night only
- More Local News Headlines