Oskaloosa.com

March 13, 2013

'Electrical issue' cause of Tuesday fire


The Oskaloosa Herald

OSKALOOSA — Oskaloosa fire officials have determined that an electrical issue with a heat tape caused a house fire Tuesday night.

The Oskaloosa Fire Department received a report of a house fire at 9:23 p.m. at 1008 B Ave. W., an unoccupied house owned by Cody Scholtus.

The house was a total loss, according to an Oskaloosa Fire Department report.

The fire originated in a crawl space beneath the kitchen and made its way up an interior wall before breaking out in the attic, according to the fire report.

There were 17 firefighters at the fire scene.

The value of the property was estimated at $48,000. There were no injuries as a result of the fire, according to the report.