Oskaloosa.com

Local News

March 13, 2013

'Electrical issue' cause of Tuesday fire

OSKALOOSA — Oskaloosa fire officials have determined that an electrical issue with a heat tape caused a house fire Tuesday night.

The Oskaloosa Fire Department received a report of a house fire at 9:23 p.m. at 1008 B Ave. W., an unoccupied house owned by Cody Scholtus.

The house was a total loss, according to an Oskaloosa Fire Department report.

The fire originated in a crawl space beneath the kitchen and made its way up an interior wall before breaking out in the attic, according to the fire report.

There were 17 firefighters at the fire scene.

The value of the property was estimated at $48,000. There were no injuries as a result of the fire, according to the report.

1
Text Only
Local News
Obituaries
Oskaloosa Shopper
Facebook
Hyperlocal Search
Premier Guide
Find a business

Walking Fingers
Maps, Menus, Store hours, Coupons, and more...
Premier Guide
Parade
Magazine

Click HERE to read all your Parade favorites including Hollywood Wire, Celebrity interviews and photo galleries, Food recipes and cooking tips, Games and lots more.
Photo reprints