Photo: Geographic knowledge
Ethan Kelderman has qualified to compete in the 2013 Iowa National Geographic Bee, sponsored by Google and Plum Creek. This is the 25th anniversary of the Bee. Ethan attends Oskaloosa Christian School and competed against the other fourth- through eighth-graders to win the school level bee. He then took a qualifying test, which was submitted to the National Geographic Society. He posted one of the top 100 scores by the school-level winners in the state of Iowa. He will now represent Oskaloosa Christian School at the DMACC Campus in Ankeny on April 5. The winner of the state will Bee will qualify for the National Bee in Washington, D.C., on May 20. Students must have a broad knowledge of geography, culture and environment to do well.
- Local News
- Do you know what this is?
- Helping provide a merry Christmas
- Christmas Walk brings people to small businesses
- General manager gets 25 percent raise
- 2013 Lighted Christmas Parade is one night only
- Salvation Army kicks off bell ringing Saturday
- Oskaloosa firefighters battle early morning blaze
- Holiday events during Lighted Christmas Parade Week
- Sabina's Kloset opens at New Hope Community Center
Program a fun way to learn about the Bible
Editor's note: This is the sixth in a weekly series about local Wednesday evening church activities.
- More Local News Headlines