Photo: RAGBRAI volunteers honored
Those who volunteered for the July 25 RAGBRAI stop in Oskaloosa were recognized during a barbecue at City Square Park Thursday evening.
- Local News
- Eye of the beholder
- Snow emergency starts Sunday night
- NWS warns of 'messy and possibly hazardous' weather OTTUMWA -- Forecasters with the National Weather Service are warning of "a messy and potentially hazardous forecast for the next several days." The series of storms begins with freezing rain. The National Weather Service has issued a freezing rain ad
- Esther Kepenaar rings bell for Salvation Army OSKALOOSA -- Esther Kepenaar donned a red apron and grabbed a bell to ring for the Salvation Army Wednesday afternoon -- something she has done for more than 20 years. Kepenaar, 96, is a big supporter of the Salvation Army and is the oldest bell ring
- Oskaloosa man dies in accidental shooting
- Campaign at 80 percent of goal OSKALOOSA -- The United Way Campaign is in high gear as the organization has reached 80 percent of its goal to help fund local non-profit organizations. "Everything that comes in until Dec. 31 goes to the 2013 campaign that we will give out in 2014,"
- Do you know what this is?
A feast of sight and sound
OSKALOOSA -- People were treated to a Medieval Feast this weekend at the Madrigal Dinner. The Oskaloosa High School Madrigal Singers teamed up with the Chamber Orchestra, Concert Choir and Chamber Choir to produc
Council rejects 2-way stop
OSKALOOSA -- The Oskaloosa City Council by a 4-3 vote rejected an ordinance to change the four-way stop at the former Webster School to a two-way stop during its meeting Monday night. The ordinance was in its thi
- Wreaths Across America honors America's veterans OSKALOOSA — The Daughters of the American Revolution and the American Legion paid their respects to those who served their country and those who made the ultimate sacrifice with a wreath-laying ceremony at Forest Cemetery Saturday. Those gathered at
- More Local News Headlines