What exactly is a Duck Plucker?
Well, in this instance, a Duck Plucker is anyone who would like to participate in a fun-filled event hosted by the William Penn Athletic Booster Club.
Funds raised at the event will support the continued progress at the Stadium at Lacey Recreation Complex to benefit WPU athletics, Oskaloosa Community Schools, and Mahaska County Recreation programs.
The event will kick off with Field Games from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. at the Izaak Walton League including two different Quail Walks and a sharp-shooting contest. People are invited to bring their own gun and ammunition and show off your shooting skills. Prizes will be awarded to the top shooters.
The fun continues at the Penn Central Mall with silent and live auctions, dinner, contests, and raffle drawings. Don’t miss out on a chance to bid on fantastic packages including a guided bear hunt in Maine, a week-long trip to Burson’s Delta Resort in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, a complete set of tickets to the Knoxville Nationals, custom furniture, original artwork and much more.
Guests are encouraged to participate in any of the evening’s contests including the “Camo & Carats” Best Dressed Contest, Best Table Decoration, or prepare an appetizer made of their catch or kill to enter in the Wild Culinary Creations Contest.
Raffle drawings will also be held for a Remington 700 Classic Deluxe 243 rifle and a Weber Spirit Gas grill donated by True Value Hardware.
For an updated list of silent and live auction items, registration forms, and payment information, visit www.wmpenn.edu/duckpluckers or find us on Facebook under “Duck Plucker’s Ball”.
To purchase raffle tickets*, contact Sara Reck at (641) 673-1044 or firstname.lastname@example.org. *Need not be present to win.
What exactly is a Duck Plucker?
- Local News
- Dessert auction March 29 OSKALOOSA -- Girl Scout cookie sales may be over for the year, but Oskaloosa Girl Scouts can help you with your sweet tooth needs. The organization will sponsor a dessert auction in March to raise funds to send Oskaloosa girls to camp. The auction w
- FACE Offers Peek at Art Center & Studios OSKALOOSA -- The public got a sneak peek at the Oskaloosa Art Center & Studios Friday evening. The art center is located at 1701 Third Ave. E., Suite 3. The Fine Arts and Cultural Events of Mahaska County organization leased the site at Heartland Mal
- Roads, healthy lifestyles discussed at Eggs & Issues
Video: Oskaloosa Band-O-Rama
Check out this video clip from this year's Band-O-Rama.
- Prom dress dreams come true OSKALOOSA -- If you need a prom dress but can't afford to pay hundreds of dollars, you can go to the New Hope Community center to find the dress of your dreams at an affordable price. The New Hope Community, 308 Fifth Ave. W., held The Green Dress Op
- Robotics Club prepares for Super Regionals By DUANE NOLLEN The Oskaloosa Herald OSKALOOSA -- The Oskaloosa High School Robotics Club is getting ready for the Super Regionals contest in April to test their engineering mettle. The club's Team 4443 -- The Sock Monkeys -- is headed to the contest
- Do you know what this is?
- OHS History Bowl team crowned JV champs OSKALOOSA -- Oskaloosa High School sent a Junior Varsity team to the Regional National History Bowl that was held in Sigourney on Saturday and the team came home champions. It was the first time that Oskaloosa had competed in this event. High scho
OSKALOOSA — A lot has changed over the years for tattoo artists. But the challenge of getting a good image onto his clients' skin keeps Alan Munger focused.
- Maple Syrup Festival moves indoors OSKALOOSA -- It's been too cold for sap to run from maple trees, but that did not stop the Mahaska County Conservation Board from having an indoor Maple Syrup Festival Friday evening. "This time last year we were done" tapping maple trees, MCCB Natur
- More Local News Headlines