What exactly is a Duck Plucker?
Well, in this instance, a Duck Plucker is anyone who would like to participate in a fun-filled event hosted by the William Penn Athletic Booster Club.
Funds raised at the event will support the continued progress at the Stadium at Lacey Recreation Complex to benefit WPU athletics, Oskaloosa Community Schools, and Mahaska County Recreation programs.
The event will kick off with Field Games from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. at the Izaak Walton League including two different Quail Walks and a sharp-shooting contest. People are invited to bring their own gun and ammunition and show off your shooting skills. Prizes will be awarded to the top shooters.
The fun continues at the Penn Central Mall with silent and live auctions, dinner, contests, and raffle drawings. Don’t miss out on a chance to bid on fantastic packages including a guided bear hunt in Maine, a week-long trip to Burson’s Delta Resort in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, a complete set of tickets to the Knoxville Nationals, custom furniture, original artwork and much more.
Guests are encouraged to participate in any of the evening’s contests including the “Camo & Carats” Best Dressed Contest, Best Table Decoration, or prepare an appetizer made of their catch or kill to enter in the Wild Culinary Creations Contest.
Raffle drawings will also be held for a Remington 700 Classic Deluxe 243 rifle and a Weber Spirit Gas grill donated by True Value Hardware.
For an updated list of silent and live auction items, registration forms, and payment information, visit www.wmpenn.edu/duckpluckers or find us on Facebook under “Duck Plucker’s Ball”.
To purchase raffle tickets*, contact Sara Reck at (641) 673-1044 or email@example.com. *Need not be present to win.
What exactly is a Duck Plucker?
- Local News
- Do you know what this is?
- Blue Zones kicks off OSKALOOSA -- Blue Zones Project held its Oskaloosa Kickoff Monday evening at the Oskaloosa High School gym to help improve the community's health. Blue Zones originated with Dan Buettner of National Geographic. He was asked to find areas of the world
- Motorist dies in one-vehicle accident Sunday
- Oskaloosa hosts Special Olympics spring games OSKALOOSA -- About 250 athletes from around southeast Iowa gathered at the William Penn University Penn Activities Center Saturday to compete in the Special Olympics. Athletes tested their mettle in a variety of track and field events at the Special
- Statesmen announce cross country/track signees OSKALOOSA -- William Penn track and field coach Allen Friesen has announced the signings of numerous individuals to National Letters of Intent to compete for the cross country and/or track and field programs. Malik Brown, the son of Carrie Jones-Brow
- MHP donates AEDs to Lacey Recreation Complex
- Titan Machinery realigns construction business
- School Board, OEA agree to new contract OSKALOOSA -- The Oskaloosa School Board agreed to a tentative agreement with the Oskaloosa Education Association at Tuesday's regular session. The agreement, which will be voted on the by the association later this week, will be a 3.6 percent increa
- Prairie burn canceled
- OMS to present "Annie, the Musical" this weekend OSKALOOSA -- "Annie, the Musical," will be performed by the Oskaloosa Middle School this weekend. Performances will be held at George Daily Community Auditorium on both Friday and Saturday night starting at 7:30 p.m. Doors will open at 6:30 p.m. Tic
- More Local News Headlines