Photos: Heavy rain impacts local area
Recent heavy rain has had an impact both in Oskaloosa and in rural Mahaska County. According to the National Weather Service, northwestern Mahaska County remains under a Flood Warning until 3 a.m. Friday. The NWS advises drivers to not drive into areas where water covers the roadway.
- Local News
- Young artists' work on display
- Lighted Christmas Parade brings out spirit of the season
Too cold for cocoa?
Cold weather has forced the cancellation of Carols, Candles and Cocoa, which had been scheduled for tonight.
Slideshow: 2013 Lighted Christmas Parade
Madrigal singers perform
The Oskaloosa High School Madrigal Singers perform for the Oskaloosa Rotary Club at the Peppertree at noon Tuesday. The Madrigal Singers will perform for the annual Madrigal Dinner on Dec. 13, 14 and 15 at the Musco Technology Center at William Penn University. Director Chris Weinreich said the Saturday, Dec. 14, performance is sold out; however, tickets for the other two nights are available. People can purchase tickets at Brown's Shoe Fit, on the city square. Tickets are $15, he said.
- Do you know what this is?
- Helping provide a merry Christmas
- Christmas Walk brings people to small businesses
- General manager gets 25 percent raise
- 2013 Lighted Christmas Parade is one night only
- More Local News Headlines