Photo: Making A Difference Award winners
Congratulations to the following students for being nominated by their teachers for the first Making a Difference Award at OHS. The are: Brandon Crile, Abbigail Straube, Alexis Westercamp, Ashli VanDonselaar and Rachel Groet. Not pictured: Bailey Blythe, Kylee Silliman and Tyler Dursky. Thanks to local business donations, each student was given a certificate and award for demonstrating good character, attitude, effort, leadership and school spirit to name a few. Every month, two students from each grade will be nominated and randomly drawn to win.
- Local News
Madrigal singers perform
The Oskaloosa High School Madrigal Singers perform for the Oskaloosa Rotary Club at the Peppertree at noon Tuesday. The Madrigal Singers will perform for the annual Madrigal Dinner on Dec. 13, 14 and 15 at the Musco Technology Center at William Penn University. Director Chris Weinreich said the Saturday, Dec. 14, performance is sold out; however, tickets for the other two nights are available. People can purchase tickets at Brown's Shoe Fit, on the city square. Tickets are $15, he said.
- Do you know what this is?
- Helping provide a merry Christmas
- Christmas Walk brings people to small businesses
- General manager gets 25 percent raise
- 2013 Lighted Christmas Parade is one night only
- Salvation Army kicks off bell ringing Saturday
- Oskaloosa firefighters battle early morning blaze
- Holiday events during Lighted Christmas Parade Week
- Sabina's Kloset opens at New Hope Community Center
- More Local News Headlines
- Madrigal singers perform