The city of Oskaloosa is offering Residential Clean-UP Days on April 29, 30, May 1, 2.
The following guidelines will be used for the pickup:
1.) The city will be divided into four quadrants.
• The southeast quadrant (south of A Avenue East and east of South Market) will be picked up on Monday, April 29.
• The northeast quadrant (north of A Avenue East and east of North Market Street) will be picked up on Tuesday, April 30.
• The northwest quadrant (north of A Avenue West and west of North Market Street) will be picked up on Wednesday, May 1.
• The southwest quadrant (south of A Avenue West and west of South Market Street) will be picked up on Thursday, May 2.
2.) Items must be placed on the curb or edge of the property by 7 a.m. on the morning of pickup for that area of town. Each quadrant will only be picked up on the day scheduled. The event is open to all Oskaloosa residents. Business waste is not accepted through this program.
Tires will not be picked up. Business waste or tires will not be accepted. Tires may be taken to a designated area at the Street Department, 804 S. D St., between April 29 and May 2.
No tires from semis, farm-implements or tractors.
Only the following items will be picked up:
• Appliances: (Limit three per household) including refrigerators, stoves, televisions, hot water heaters, microwaves, freezers
• Other large, bulky items the garbage haulers cannot pick up.
The city will not pick up any garbage bags, yard waste, paint cans (unless open and dried out), batteries, hazardous waste items or construction material.
Items not picked up by the city will be the responsibility of the property owner or renter to properly dispose of within 24 hours.
If you have any questions, call Public Works 673-7472 or City Hall 673-9431