Photo: Stitching for our Heroes
The Mahaska Stitch and Quilt Guild held its “Stitching for our Heroes” event on May 4. Eleven members and one guest worked on four quilts in the center court of Penn Central Mall on lap quilts that will be given to Mahaska County veterans. Pictured from left to right, holding the quilts are members Ann Evans, Lisa Vohoska, Pat Ancell, Betty Hizer, Eileen Holub and Barb Johnson. In front of the quilts are junior members Cierra Williams and Jensen DeJong, who also helped with the project. The Guild meets on the second Thursday of each month and new members are always welcome. For more information on the guild, contact Cindy Allison at 672-0204, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Local News
- Litter Critters teach children about recycling on Earth Day OSKALOOSA -- The Litter Critters visited students at Oskaloosa Christian School and Oskaloosa Elementary School Tuesday morning to talk about littering and recycling on Earth Day. Twenty-three Litter Critters from Oskaloosa Middle School visited the
- Mahaska Co. man accused of killing bald eagle NEW SHARON — A Mahaska County man faces federal charges after allegedly beating a bald eagle to death and decapitating it. Jason John Thomas was arrested in New Sharon after being indicted by a federal grand jury. He is accused of killing the eagle i
- NORMA ADRIAN FEB. 22, 1933 -- APRIL 23, 2014 BEACON -- Norma Adrian, 81, of Beacon, died Wednesday, April 23, 2014, at the Mahaska Health Partnership E.R. She was born Wednesday, Feb. 22, 1933, in rural Oskaloosa, the daughter of George E. and Lucille Lancial Mitrisin. She graduated with the O
- Do you know what this is?
- Oskaloosa firefighters battle barn blaze
- Oskaloosa High School 2014 Prom Court
- Kids bank eggs at annual hunt OSKALOOSA -- Need your yard cleaned? Fill it with Easter eggs filled with cash and prizes, advertise and several hundred youngsters will get the job done in a few minutes. Need proof? Check out next year's Bank Iowa Easter Egg Hunt. Bank Iowa has hos
- North Mahaska Jazz Band are Class 1A state jazz champions
- Public learns latest about Northwest Bypass at DOT meeting OSKALOOSA -- Many area residents learned the latest about the U.S. 63 Northwest Bypass of Oskaloosa at a public information meeting held Wednesday evening at Oskaloosa Middle School. The two-hour meeting featured tables with maps of the three propose
- Windmill undergoes restoration OSKALOOSA -- The Mahaska County Historical Society is pleased to announce that the Mahaska County Iowa Farm Bureau Federation is funding the restoration of the Baker/Gilchrist Windmill. The Baker windmill at Oskaloosa's Nelson Pioneer Farm and Museu
- More Local News Headlines