Letter to the editor:
On behalf of the American Cancer Society’s Relay For Life of Mahaska County, Iowa, I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of those who helped make our Celebrity Dinner a success. Thanks to all of your efforts, over $2,800.00 was raised for our Relay For Life campaign. Our celebrity waiters, Kent Frankenfeld, Brett Paulsen, Deb Johnson, Ron Mitrisin, Alan Adams, Jason Schipper, Kim Langfitt, Gail Lenhart, Diane Burns and Jeff Akers set the tone for a light hearted evening.
Thanks to the Pepper Tree for providing us with a wonderful dinner and meeting room. As always, the food was delicious and the wait staff superb. In addition, they donated a portion of the cost of each dinner to Relay For Life.
Entertainment, in addition to our celebrity waiters, was provided by the House Band from Smokey Row. The jazz combo was great.
Prizes were awarded to the waiter who raised the most tips, Kent Frankenfeld; and to the waiter who carried out his table theme to the fullest, Ron Mitrisin. As you probably guessed, Ron’s theme was racing, and he carried that out by having his diners’ racing around their table. Prizes were donated by Stam’s Greenhouse, Tassel Ridge Winery and Fareway.
Once again, thanks to all of you who helped to make the evening a success an my sincere apologies to anyone I may have missed.
As a reminder, Relay For Life will be held on July 13-14, from 6:00 P.M. to 6:00 A.M. at the Community Stadium. If you or your company would like to sponsor a team, volunteer to help with the event; purchase a luminaria in honor or memory of someone; or as a cancer survivor, would like to walk in the Survivor Walk; please feel free to give me a call and I will put you in touch with the appropriate parties.
You may wonder why the walk has been changed from day to night? It’s just to remind to us that Cancer Never Sleeps, and we will race for a cure!
Candace Gerard Slobe
Relay For Life
Letter to the editor:
- Letters to the Editor
- America needs farmland more than an airport
- Let city, county officials know how you feel about the regional airport
- Airport opponents are regular folks — just like you, writer says
- Mahaska County Thrift Store is a gem
- Thanks for making final Daffodil Days a success
- Congress created mess at Postal Service
- Supervisor wants to hear input, advice from electorate
- Mark Doland would make a good public servant
- Tom Rielly has experience to be a county supervisor
- Tom Rielly best qualified to be supervisor
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines