Letter to the editor:
(Or should I say “Letter to Jared McNeill:)
As a Bible-believing, born-again, evangelical Christian, you should know all about the forgiveness received for sins when a person repents and changes their life. Your column on the April 25 Opinion page caused me to shake “my” head. Who are you to judge Dr. Moyer, Vennard College, Caleb Clemenson, or the Mahaska Co. Sheriff Department? As a Christian, shouldn’t you refrain from judging others?
Each time I’ve read an article about the “Vennard College incident”, I am outraged at the Herald for making insinuations that there is a dangerous person stalking the Kid’s Corner Daycare. You failed to point out that Caleb was only 14 YEARS OLD when his crime was committed. He is now 21 years old. How many men can say they did something they shouldn’t have done when they were only 14 years old? As a Christian, please tell me how long should you hold a sin against someone?
We don’t know the circumstance of his crime. We haven’t heard Caleb’s side of the story and we don’t know if the Herald even tried to talk to him. Did you try to interview Dr. Moyer in person to get more insight as to why the college chose to act like forgiving and understanding Christians? No, you did not.
The last paragraph of your column stated “The opinions reflected in this column are not necessarily those of the Oskaloosa Herald or its employees”. Since “The Oskaloosa Herald” is printed below your name at the beginning of the article, are you not an employee of the Oskaloosa Herald? Just trying to get the facts straight, which is what I expect from the Herald.
Shame on you, Jared, for your column. Shame on the Herald for continuing to degrade Vennard College, Caleb Clemenson, and the Mahaska Co. Sheriff Department. Shame on anyone who calls themselves a Bible-believeing, born-again, evangelical Christian who doesn’t understand forgiveness.
Letter to the editor:
- Letters to the Editor
- America needs farmland more than an airport
- Let city, county officials know how you feel about the regional airport
- Airport opponents are regular folks — just like you, writer says
- Mahaska County Thrift Store is a gem
- Thanks for making final Daffodil Days a success
- Congress created mess at Postal Service
- Supervisor wants to hear input, advice from electorate
- Mark Doland would make a good public servant
- Tom Rielly has experience to be a county supervisor
- Tom Rielly best qualified to be supervisor
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines