Letter to the editor:
To the Oskaloosa community,
We would like to extend our thanks for the warm hospitality shown to the participants of Leadership Iowa during our visit to the Oskaloosa area on December 6th and 7th.
Your area is fortunate to have leaders like Linda Crookham-Hansen, Beth Danowsky, Shelly Herr and Rob Taylor who are alumni of the Leadership Iowa program and who were instrumental in planning an informative and enjoyable session on the topic of Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Iowa.
We would also like to thank the many generous local sponsors who made this session possible as well as the Osklaloosa Leadership Iowa Alumni who contributed to the session including Michael Boyle, Linda Crookham-Hansen, Beth Danowsky, Amy Debruin, Shelly Herr, David Krutzfeldt, Tom Riley and Rob Taylor.
The Leadership Iowa class enjoyed tours of Interpower, Tassle Ridge Winery, Mahaska Communication Group, Musco Lighting, the Musco Technology Center and the Communication Research Institute (CRI). The class also had the opportunity to shop the downtown Oskaloosa retail stores with “Chamber Bucks” in hand thanks to our generous sponsors. Speakers for the session included Leadership Iowa Alumni Iowa Senator Tom Rielly and Mayor Dave Krutzfeldt. Other speakers included Joe Crookham of Musco Lighting, Debi Durham of the Iowa Economic Development Authority, Jay Byers of the Greater Des Moines Partnership, Sandy Ehrig of the Iowa Farm Bureau Federation and a surprise visit, thanks to Joe Crookham, by Four Star General Tommy Franks!
The opportunity to meet with business and civic leaders and to visit your community gave all of us a new appreciation for the Oskaloosa area and the many top-notch businesses and amenities within your community. Our sincere appreciation goes to this energetic and thriving area, and to all who made our session a complete success.
The Iowa Association of Business and Industry Foundation and the Leadership Iowa Class of 2012-13.
Letter to the editor:
- Letters to the Editor
- America needs farmland more than an airport
- Let city, county officials know how you feel about the regional airport
- Airport opponents are regular folks — just like you, writer says
- Mahaska County Thrift Store is a gem
- Thanks for making final Daffodil Days a success
- Congress created mess at Postal Service
- Supervisor wants to hear input, advice from electorate
- Mark Doland would make a good public servant
- Tom Rielly has experience to be a county supervisor
- Tom Rielly best qualified to be supervisor
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines